'CEBA'-FIBRE GLASS BACKING TAPE...
'CEBA' - FIBRE GLASS BACKING TAPE...
'CEBA' is a high heat resistant aluminum backing tape with a woven fiberglass having RED Center line for easy location in root gap adjustment.
'CEBA' Fiberglass weld backing tape is one inch in width, pasted at center of 75 mm wide aluminum tape coated with temperature resistant acrylic adhesive.
It is very simple & easy to use. Just peel off release paper from Aluminum Foil & paste Aluminum tape to backside of the root gap on sheet, plate, pipe or vessel, adjusting center line with Center of the Root gap. The fiberglass, which is one inch wide, covers the root gap and leaves no open air gap, causing NO OXIDATION & NO REWELDING.
By using fiberglass weld backing tape, Welding COST is saved approx 50 to 60% whereas welding TIME is saved by 50%. RESULTS are 100% RADIOGRAPHIC WELDING. No PURGING, No Back CHIPPING, No Back GRINDING or GOUGING. Fiberglass backing tapes are available in 40mil (1 mm) thick, 70 mil (1.5mm) thick & 120 mil (3mm) thick.
SALIENT FEATURES OF 'CEBA'-FIBRE GLASS BACKING TAPE...
- Ideal for Stainless Steel and Alloyed Metals-Sheet, Plate, Pipes & vessels.
- Imparts X-ray quality back beads on root pass.
- Saves argon gas as no purging is required,results in massive purge gas saving. makes process faster as it saves time in preparation and assemble.
- No Gouging or Grinding, Back Chipping.
- Welds one side only.
- Provides incombustible, high temperature stability. More flexible, low thermal conductivity, good thermal shock resistance, good mechanical and chemical agents resistance.
- 50% cost saving in consumables improves quality & cycle time.
- Eliminates Weld defects, No re-welding & re-work.